Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New for Knitters with a Etsy Coupon!


I am not a knitter. In fact, I'm horrible at it. But I've been able to gain an insider appreciation, shall we say, of it through my friend Kim Cherubin (seen left), host of the podcast Craft Stash. Even if you don't knit you should check it out just to see what I get to enjoy in person from Kim, fun and informed conversation and great recommendations on everything from apps to books. It was hilarious walking around the Rhineback Sheep and Wool festival this year ( my first knitting event) with Kim. The girl was literally a celebrity. Women with bags full of yarn flying behind them came running up to Kim, they were so excited to see her in person.

Kim is a girl with discerning taste and from what I saw at the Rhinebeck festival, knitting stuff can be a bit ..whacky. But I immediately thought of Kim when I saw my friend Katy Westcott's etsy store Katrinkles. She's getting amazing press right now for her knitting and knitting inspired products. These whimsical laser cut creations are made in my home state of RI by Katy herself. Do I need a knitting needle gage? No, but it's in the shape of a whale! Must have cute whale! And a laser cut knit pendant? So clever and hip.

 For the next week P&H friends can get 15% off at Katrinkles when you enter KATRINKLES401 at check out.

No comments: